Welcome to the Queensland Warbirds and Vintage Aircraft Association (QWVAA) home page!
We represent a large group of aviation enthusiasts dedicated to “Preserving our Aviation Heritage”. Founded in 1975 as the Queensland Vintage Aeroplane Group, we were well known for the ever-popular Festival of Flight. The growth of our ‘Warbird Brothers’ has seen our activities expand into new initiatives, and we proudly sponsor the annual Red Thunder event involving both Warbird and Vintage Aviation enthusiasts alike!
Our membership profile consists of both civil, military, flying and non-flying members. Membership ranges from aircraft owners to enthusiastic aviation historians and photographers.
Clubhouse facilities are based at the Watts Bridge Memorial Airfield, offering the best of settings and airfield facilities.
Governed by a small Committee we actively contribute and support a range of activities;
- The quarterly Newsletter QWVAN | AVAN, full of interesting articles, news and information,
- Several organized aviation events including Red Thunder and Regular Formation Training Workshops, and
- Several organized social events including the Watts Bridge for Breakfast fly-ins, Regular BBQs, and various other social gatherings.
Why not check out our Events Page to find out what’s happening?.
QWVAA key values:
Strengthening our role as leaders in the area of airworthiness in the preservation of Australia’s historic aircraft.
Responding to member’s needs, through value adding to the services and products provided by our Association.
Managing the association and it’s members with the highest level of ethics and honesty.
A commitment to honesty and integrity. To trust in our members, the wider community, and each other.
- Value our members
Our members are the core of our Association. We strive to develop and communicate the value of each member.
- Fun & Enjoyment
Involvement in historic aviation must be both rewarding and enjoyable.
- Collaboration and Partnering
Providing opportunities to meet, communicate, collaborate, and partner within the aviation community. QWVAA recognizes the importance of networking and establishing relationships which assist in the restoration and operation of historic aircraft.
We provide a neutral, unbiased forum that promotes the exchange of information amongst our members.
- Diversity of ideas
We respect diversity of opinion and perspective amongst our membership.
Watts Bridge Memorial Airfield
801 Cressbrook Caboonbah Rd,
Cressbrook QLD 4313
An ‘Airpark’ style development providing a wide range of general facilities, services and amenities. The airfield encourages appropriate private and commercial investment, always in keeping with the concept of an open and affordable recreational aviation centre.
- Private Hangarage sites for all aircraft types
- Chalet sites for private hangers with attached dwellings
- Club House sites for Home Base aviation interest groups
- Caravan and Camping sites with amenities
- Commercial Sites for aviation related industries
- Aviation Fuel Bowser on the field. (100LL AVGAS)